To all of our Patients,
We hope this letter finds you and your family in good health. Our team has been working very hard over the last few weeks in preparation for our return to the office. Our team will work to accommodate our patients and get you in as soon as we possibly can. We can’t express our gratitude enough for the understanding and patience you have shown during these uncertain times. Our community has been through a lot over the last few months, and all of us are looking forward to resuming our normal habits and routines. While many things have changed, one thing has remained the same: our commitment to your safety.
Infection control has always been a top priority for our practice and you may have seen this during your visits to our office. Our infection control processes are made so that when you receive care, it’s both safe and comfortable. We want to tell you about the infection control procedures we follow in our practice to keep patients and staff safe. Our office follows infection control recommendations made by the American Dental Association (ADA), the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA). We follow the activities of these agencies so that we are up-to-date on any new rulings or guidance that may be issued. We do this to make sure that our infection control procedures are current and adhere to each agencies’ recommendations.
We wanted to take this opportunity to keep everyone informed of our progress for our new “Safety and Sterilization Protocols”. Our main priority is for you to feel safe and protected when you visit us for your dental care.
- We are in the process of installing FDA approved Air Scrubber by Aerus air purifiers in the HVAC ducts. ActivePure®️ Technology that attaches directly to the HVAC system ductwork to remove air pollution, VOCs, surface contaminants, pet dander, odors and dust, resulting in a cleaner, healthier and more efficient environment. ActivePure consists of a special UV light and photocatalyst target, creating an Advanced Oxidation Process containing several friendly oxidizers. Certified Space Technology continuously protects and purifies the air, and attacks contaminants on all surfaces. More information here
- AirDoctor standalone purifiers have been placed in the reception area and across the office. The UtraHEPA Filter is 100 times more effective than ordinary HEPA filters and is able to capture 99.99% of the most dangerous ultra-fine particles in the air. More information here.
- We will be adding extraoral suctions in each of the operatories. These units are designed to utilizes a powerful HEPA filter which safely captures microbes such as viruses and other contaminants within biological aerosols. These should be able to suction and filter 99.97% @ 0.3 Micron. More Information here.
- Dry fogger will be used to fog the operatory with Hydrogen Peroxide, this way we will disinfect and sterilize the operatory after ever patient. More Information here.
- We will use Hydrogen Peroxide or Peroxyl rinse prior to any treatment or exam which decreases the loads of pathogens in patients’ mouths. Since coronavirus is vulnerable to oxidation, any mouth rinse containing oxidative agents such as 1% hydrogen peroxide or 0.2% povidone is recommended to reduce the salivary load of oral microbes, including potential coronavirus.
- In conjunction with our current Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), our clinical team will also be equipped with the following:
- Disposable full body gowns
- Full face shields
- N95/KN95 Masks
- Other changes include
- Our office will communicate with you beforehand to ask some screening questions. You’ll be asked those same questions again when you are in the office.
- We have hand sanitizer that we will ask you to use when you enter the office. You will also find some in the reception area and other places in the office for you to use as needed.
- You may see that our waiting room will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys and so forth, since those items are difficult to clean and disinfect.
- Appointments will be managed to allow for social distancing between patients. That might mean that you’re offered fewer options for scheduling your appointment.
- We will do our best to allow greater time between patients to reduce waiting times for you, as well as to reduce the number of patients in the reception area at any one time.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have about the steps we take to keep you, and every patient, safe in our practice. To make an appointment, please call our office at office number or visit our website at web address.
Thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty and look forward to welcoming back our patients, neighbors and friends.
Dr. Kanumilli and Team